The Artadia Award is unique, providing substantial financial
support, critical validation and broader public exposure for artists across
- Cash awards are granted in participating cities on a
- Awards ranging from $15,000 to $5,000 are unrestricted,
and can be used however the artist sees fit.
- Applications are open to all visual artists who reside
in Artadia's participating cities.
- A two-tiered selection process combines local expertise
with outside perspectives from leading national and international curators
- Visiting panelists engage with local artists in their
studios, gaining a broader context for their work and facilitating long-lasting
- A preliminary panel of prominent national and local
curators and artists evaluates all the submissions and selects 10
- A second panel of curators and artists travels to the
participating city and conducts studio visits with each of the finalists.
This panel selects the artists who receive Artadia Awards. However used,
the Artadia Award is the monetary component of a wider culture of support.
Participating cities with active awards programs are currently:
- Greater Atlanta
- Boston, metropolitan area
- Chicago, Cook County
- Houston, Harris County
- San Francisco Bay Area
Participating cities will be added strategically to the Artadia network by
focusing on regions that demonstrate a commitment to contemporary art. These
cities are notable for:
- The active presence of local artists in the community.
- Art institutions recognized for innovative contemporary
- Exemplary schools that prepare artists through undergraduate
and graduate programs.